Describe a meaningful family tradition unique to your culture and explain how it mirrors or contrasts with the cultural identity themes of expectations.
Prompt: Describe a meaningful family tradition unique to your culture and explain how it mirrors or contrasts with the cultural identity themes of expectations.
Prompt Response: A meaningful family tradition unique to my culture is celebrating the winter/summer solstices. My mom likes to be with friends and family during these times and we often do festive activities and crafts. Some of these include making art by sticking cloves in oranges among other things. This relates to expectations as when I eventually leave the house, I will expect other to celebrate something that not many do.
Summary: Today in class we presented our names and started our notes on culture.
Reflection: I wish I condensed my presentation a little bit more as I feel I was getting off topic. I'm not very familiar with Cornell notes so hopefully I'll get used to it with more practice.
Comments
Post a Comment