My "I Too" Poem
Prompt Response: This is the "I Too" poem I created:
I too am patient,
When I plant the seed
I wait
Knowing one day
I will sow something
Much greater than the time
I spent sitting
On that little step.
When the sun starts to set
I know
The seconds I endured
Will let me grow taller
Than those who say inside
Wasting away-
Fixed upon their flashy lights-
All while I look up at the stars
And smile.
The inspiration behind my poem is my mother's garden, as it takes patience to be able to grow things. My mom also calls herself, my brother, and I impatient which I think is untrue.
Summary:Today in class we read a literary work criticizing the unfair expectations of being a wife.
Reflection: I wasn't too nervous presenting my poem to the class. I did mispronounce a few words but I think it went fairly well.

Comments
Post a Comment