Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?
Prompt: Write about an experience when someone assumed something about you because of a stereotype. What was the situation, and what did you do?
Prompt Response: One time when someone stereotyped me was during a presentation in 8th grade. When I was about to present, someone shouted "Yasss queen" when I presented which made me feel embarrassed... I didn't really do anything as the teacher said something, but I probably should've said something. I still see the person who said that around the halls sometimes and I hope that they changed.
Summary: Today in class we watched a video about stereotypes and then did a written assignment about them.
Reflection: I found the assignment to be challenging as I couldn't think of some of the stereotypes needed. With the help of friends however I was able to complete it before class ended.
Comments
Post a Comment